Lido Wellness Center Blog
DBT Therapy Newport BeachOctober 9, 2023
LIDO Wellness Center offers unsurpassed DBT therapy in Newport Beach with a dedicated and experienced team of therapists. Our DBT program equips patients with mindfulness, distress tolerance, interpersonal effectiveness, emotional regulation, and other essential skills, necessary for a satisfying and fulfilling life.
What Is Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)?
Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) is a modified form of cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT). It aims to teach recovering addicts and mental health disorder patients learn essential techniques and methods to live in the moment and healthy ways to cope with stress. It also helps regulate emotions and improve interpersonal relationships.
DBT is a highly effective therapy in treating borderline personality disorder (BPD). However, it can also help treat other mental health conditions. Dialectical behavioral therapy helps individuals achieve emotional regulation, overcome self-destructive behaviors, and heal from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
As one of the top-rated trauma treatment facilities, we offer DBT in group and 1-on-1 settings. Group setting helps teach behavioral skills, while individual therapy with a trained professional allows you to learn skills best suited for your challenges and mental health situation. DBT is an essential part of our PTSD treatment in Orange County.
Benefits of DBT
During a DBT session, your therapist will work with you to resolve the contradiction between self-acceptance and change and help you adopt positive changes. A part of this process involves offering validation, which can help you become more cooperative and experience less distress at the idea of change. Each DBT setting will have its structure and goals. Here are some of the benefits you may derive from dialectical behavioral therapy:
1. Acceptance and change – DBT can help you learn strategies to accept and tolerate your emotions, your experiences, and life’s circumstances. You will also develop specific skills that may help you make positive behavioral changes and improve your interactions with others.
2. Behavioral – Dialectical behavioral therapy can help you to analyze problems, overcome destructive behavior patterns, and adopt healthy lifestyle changes.
3. Cognitive – You will be more ready to accept positive thoughts and beliefs and overcome ineffective and disturbing ones.
DBT can also help you learn effective communication and how to be a team player. Our PTSD treatment program also helps patients learn new skills, enhance their capabilities, recognize their strengths and attributes, and develop them to lead successful lives.
What Conditions Improve With DBT?
While psychologists developed dialectical behavioral therapy to address bipolar disorder in patients, it is highly effective in treating several other mental health issues alongside BPD. As one of the top trauma and PTSD treatment centers, we use BPD to treat the following psychological disorders:
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder (BPD)
- Eating disorders (such as anorexia nervosa, binge eating disorder, and bulimia nervosa)
- Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD)
- Major depressive disorder (including treatment-resistant major depression and chronic depression)
- Non-suicidal self-injury
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Substance use disorder
- Suicidal behavior
Call 949-541-8466 to learn more about our DBT therapy in Newport Beach. LIDO Wellness Center uses innovative and proven therapies to address and treat mental disorders. Our PTSD and trauma treatment can equip you with essential skills for lasting mental wellness. Get in touch with us today to learn how DBT may help you heal from your mental disorder.